Virtual currency exchange operator registration
・This serves only to confirm that the virtual currencies handled by the virtual currency exchange operators included in this list correspond to the definition under the Payment Services Act, based on the description by the relevant virtual currency exchange operator.
・The FSA and Finance Bureaus do not recommend or guarantee the value of these virtual currencies. Virtual currencies are not necessarily backed up by assets.
・When trading in virtual currency, please pay attention to the following points.
≪Notes on using virtual currency≫
○ A virtual currency is not a "legal tender" whose value is guaranteed by the country, like the Japanese yen or US dollar. It is electronic data exchanged on the Internet.
○ Virtual currency prices may fluctuate. There is a possibility of losses due to the price of a virtual currency plummetting, or it suddenly becoming worthless, etc.
○ A virtual currency exchange operator must register with the Financial Services Agency and Finance Bureau. Please check if an operator is a registered business before using.
○ When trading in virtual currency, please get an explanation from the business operator, ensure that you understand the trading details well, and proceed at your own discretion.
○ Consultations related to virtual currencies and fraudulent coins are on the rise. Please be wary of fraud or malicious sales methods using virtual currency or piggybacking on the introduction of virtual currency exchange operators.